What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact eklektós The Sportsman’s Gift Shop
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use WordPress and WooCommerce Analytics software to collect information about how you use eklektós The Sportsman’s Gift Shop. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
We do not store your personal information through any Analytics (for example your name or address).
We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Analytics to see how visitors use the site. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example improving site search
We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- allow you to access our services and make transactions
- provide you with information about our services
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
Our legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of eklektós The Sportsman’s Gift Shop
The legal basis for processing anonymised data for Analytics is your consent.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary:
- to perform a task in the business and consumers interest
- in the exercise of our functions as a e-commerce business
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared within our departments. It may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will keep your feedback data for 2 years. We will delete access log data after 120 days.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We use two companies: WordPress and Woo Commerce who design, build and run systems that make sure your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We limit access to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, WordPress and Woo Commerce protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
You have the right to request from WordPress and Woo Commerce:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Privacy Team, and they will give you the details required to contact WordPress and Woo Commerce.
Links to other websites
eklektós The Sportsman’s Gift Shop contains links to other websites.
This privacy notice only applies to eklektós The Sportsman’s Gift Shop, and does not cover other external services and transactions that we link to. These services, such as WordPress have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to eklektós The Sportsman’s Gift Shop from another website
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact our Privacy Team via our ‘Contact Us’ page if you:
- have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Contact: Privacy Team